Located in a side valley dominated by the top of the Tairé, Valloriate includes about 40 hamlets that develop around the that of Airale, seat of the Town Hall. Of pre-Celtic origin, as shown by the toponym “valouria” of pre-Latin origin, the district has a centuries-old history testifies by interesting remains on the territory.
Going up the provincial road 132 which leads to the village you can find the Plancha Bridge ant Douzu Tower dating back the 16th century. The Parish Church of Saint Michele Arcangelo in Serre hamlets is worth a visit, a Baroque building built in 1680 as the inscription in the outer wall of the apse recalls. In the Town Hall there is the War and Resistance in Stura Valley Museum, which analyzes the impact that the five-year period from 1940 to 1945 had on the valley. A few steps from the Town Hall in the Multipurpose is hosted the Chestnut Museum. The history and nature lovers can walk the Museum which is widespread of memory and mountain and partisan environments that connects Valloriate to Paraloup. In the municipal territory there is also a 450–500-year-old monumental Chestnut with a crown of about 18 m.
VALLORIATE - Palazzo Municipale
Piazza Michelangelo Berardengo, 1/A - 12010 Valloriate
Tel.: 0171 72977